Under the Special Checks Program, DPS officers check the exterior of registered properties for signs of criminal activity or security breaches at peak travel times during Thanksgiving, Spring and Winter Breaks.
Winter Break: Special Checks will begin on Friday, December 21 at 5 p.m. through Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 3 p.m.
Deadline for Winter Break registration is Thursday, December 20 at 5 p.m.
Register for a special check: https://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/contact/propertycheck/
The program is available at no charge to residents in the Penn patrol zone, bounded by 30th Street west to 43rd Street and from Baltimore Avenue north to Market Street.
Students, faculty and staff who live in the patrol zone are encouraged to register their residence. Be sure to list your contact information, other occupants, landlord if applicable, vacancy dates, scheduled repairs and someone other than a landlord with access or a key to the property.
Penn Police will periodically check the exterior of registered properties for signs of criminal activity or security breaches during the break. Special checks cannot be provided for interior areas of apartment complexes.
Remember to close and lock all doors and windows before you leave and arrange for packages to be delivered to a secure location while you are away.
There are several options for safe package delivery:
- There is an Amazon@Penn delivery location on campus at 1920 Commons; go to http://penn.amazon.com/ or http://cms.business-services.upenn.edu/residential-services/services-a-support/mail-services.html to learn more.
- Campus Apartments tenants can have their packages delivered to the Campus Apartments office at 4043 Walnut Street.
- Penn affiliates can also have their packages delivered to certain College Houses for a nominal fee. For more information go to: http://cms.business-services.upenn.edu/residential-services/services-a-support/mail-services/package-rooms.html
- Use other delivery locations such as a FedEx Store or UPS Store.
- Additional secure delivery locations on Public Safety’s website: https://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/packages/