Penn Children’s Center: FY2019 Rates

Effective Monday, July 2, 2018, new rates at the Penn Children’s Center become effective. The rate structure for the 2018-2019 school year reflects the Center’s commitment to continue to provide high-quality care and programming in the most cost-effective manner possible. Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and licensed by the State of Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services (DHS), the Penn Children’s Center is open to all members of the University and surrounding communities with preference given to faculty, staff and students of the University.  For more information, please visit

Penn Rate is available to Penn faculty, staff, students and UPHS employees.

Assisted Rates are for the University of Pennsylvania Faculty and Staff meeting eligibility requirements. Subject to space and funding. Assisted A rates apply to University faculty and staff only with combined family income below $62,000. Assisted B rates are for University faculty/staff only with combined family income below $74,000.

Important Tax Information: Under current applicable Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, any subsidies for dependent care provided by the University of Pennsylvania must be reflected on your Form W-2 as employer-provided dependent care assistance. These subsidies are taken into account in determining the maximum annual exclusion for tax-free employer-provided dependent care assistance (currently $5,000 annually). This includes both the University discounted tuition rate and any direct fee reduction approved for eligible families. You will, therefore, want to take into consideration any University-provided subsidy for the Penn Children’s Center in determining your salary reduction election if you participated in the University’s Dependent Care Pre-Tax Expense Account Plan. The total amount of any subsidies and the total amount of your contributions to the Dependent Care Pre-Tax Expense Account cannot go over the annual limit of $5,000. Any amount over the IRS limit would have to be reflected on your W-2 as imputed income. If you have any questions concerning your spending account, you may contact the Penn Benefits Center at 1-888-PENNBEN (1-888-736-6236).