Yesterday, the University launched a range of technology enhancements to its existing procurement platform, the Penn Marketplace. These new functionalities have been developed to improve administrative efficiencies and the user experience for supplier onboarding, purchase order (PO) invoice processing and the non-PO payment request (current PDA) process. The implementation of these added features will accomplish the following:
- Provide greater visibility into the status of onboarding, invoicing and payment transactions for end users and suppliers;
- Improve efficiencies through automation and supplier self-service; and,
- Enhance Penn’s controls through improved electronic procure-to-pay (P2P) workflows.
More specifically, Penn’s Schools and Centers and its supplier community benefit from the following process improvements:
- Supplier Self-Registration and Self-Service: All suppliers, including both Purchase Order and Non-PO payees upon invitation to register, are able to electronically self-register with Penn via a supplier portal;
- Electronic Invoicing: Suppliers have increased visibility into their purchase orders, invoices and payment statuses while having a greater opportunity to ‘Do Business with Penn’ effectively, regardless of their size; and,
- Electronic Non-PO Payment Requests: The manual, paper PDA forms are no longer the standard vehicle for requesting, approving and processing Non-PO payments/credits and are replaced with electronic forms within Penn Marketplace.
The Penn Marketplace Enhancements initiative has been sponsored by the Divisions of Business Services, Finance, and Information Systems & Computing.
For more information about this initiative, please visit the Penn Purchasing Services website at www.upenn.edu/purchasing or contact the project team at PennMarketplace@upenn.edu