Globalization and Major Cities: March 21
An Invitation to Members of the Standing Faculty:
Provost Stanley Chodorow and The Provost's Council on International Programs cordially invite you to participate in the third Annual Provost's
Conference on International Education and Research,
The Urban Agenda: The Effects of Globalization of Major Cities.
It will be held on Friday, March 21, 8:45 a.m.-1 p.m., followed by lunch (1-2 p.m.), at the Faculty Club. Guest speakers include:
- -- William Alonso, Saltonstall Professor of Population Policy, Harvard University: Cities, Regions and International Communities;
- -- Stephen Mayo, Principal Economist and Co-Director for the Housing Indicators Program, Infrastructure and Urban Development Department at the World Bank:
Housing Policy and Housing Market Performance in the World's Great Cities: Quantifying the effects of "Market Enabling" Strategies;
- -- Saskia Sassen, Professor of Urban Planning, Columbia University:
Cities and the Global Economy: Opportunities and Challenges;
Speakers from the University are:
- -- Gary Hack, Dean, Graduate School of Fine Arts
- -- Marja Hoek-Smit, Director, International Housing Finance Program, Wharton Real Estate Center
- -- Robert P. Inman, Professor of Finance and Economics
- -- Loretta Sweet Jemmott, Associate Professor of Nursing; Director, Center for Urban Health Research
- - Michael B. Katz, Sheldon and Lucy Hackney Professor of History; Co-Director, Urban Studies Program
- -- Douglas S. Massey, Dorothy S. Thomas Professor of Sociology; Chair, Department of Sociology
- -- Martin Meyerson, President Emeritus and University Professor
- -- Julia Paley, Assistant Professor of Anthropology; Assistant Professor, Urban Studies Program
- -- Susan M. Wachter, Professor of Real Estate and Finance
Because of space limitations, particularly at lunch, advance registration is
required. RSVP: Elva Power, by March 14, Ext. 8-1640, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please inform Mrs. Power of dietary restrictions.
-- Joyce M. Randolph, Director, Office of International Programs
Volume 43 Number 25
March 11, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.