PPSA 2015 Call for Board and Committee Nominations
April 28, 2015, Volume 61, No. 32
The Penn Professional Staff Assembly (PPSA), a voluntary organization comprised of professional (monthly exempt) staff members, is accepting nominations for the Executive Board and University Committees for the 2015-2016 term year. The mission of PPSA is to support and focus staff engagement and collaboration within the University of Pennsylvania community and to act as a productive resource for all of our members. Being a member of PPSA allows you to network with your colleagues through numerous workshops and events that enhance your professional development and work life at Penn.
- Provides a forum through which staff can engage in dialogue about issues facing the University and higher education;
- Participates and collaborates in University governance through University Council and other committees and task forces;
- Serves as an informational network to promote seminars and programs that enrich the quality of experience and work life for professional staff;
Provides a supportive network to assist the University in achieving its goals and objectives.
For more information on PPSA, go to: http://penn-ppsa.org/
If you are not a member of PPSA and are a monthly-paid employee, please consider joining by going to our webpage at http://penn-ppsa.org/ If you are a member, please consider nominating yourself or a colleague for a Board or Committee position. Board members attend two meetings a month and assist with program development and coordination. Committee members meet monthly and are expected to report to the Executive Board twice a year. Although there is a time commitment, the experience is rewarding and enjoyable. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet colleagues from across the University who will help to enrich your association with Penn.
Executive Committee Nomination
The following positions on the PPSA Executive Board will be available for the coming year:
- Chair-Elect: The Chairperson is the principal executive officer who calls meetings, prepares agendas, presides over meetings and provides leadership and representation at the University Council and other meetings. After one year, the Chair-Elect automatically succeeds to the office of Chairperson.
- Members at Large (four positions are available, each for a two-year term): The Members at Large participate in Executive Board meetings, take on special projects and serve on other University committees.
University monthly-paid professional employees are welcome to self-nominate or submit names for consideration by no later than Friday, May 8, 2015. All Executive Committee individuals nominated will receive information on completing a candidate bio and personal statement. A list of candidates will be prepared and distributed to the PPSA members prior to the election.
Annual Meeting: May 21
The 2015-2016 election for officers will occur after the annual meeting, which will take place on Thursday, May 21, 2015 at noon in the Hall of Flags, Houston Hall. The election meeting speaker is the Wharton School Dean Geoffrey Garrett.
University Committee Nominations
PPSA invites you to nominate yourself or others for service on the 2015-2016 University Council committees. Council committees serve as advisory bodies in shaping academic/administrative policy. Please consider taking advantage of this opportunity to learn about the administrative structure of the University and have input into its decision-making. Membership on the committees listed is open to all monthly-paid staff. For more information on University Council committees, visit https://secure.www.upenn.edu/secretary/council/committees.html
Committee members will be selected by the Tri-Chairs following the Executive Committee Election. To nominate someone, complete the PPSA form at https://wharton.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3mAzlUMD5L4Sw9T Questions on the nominating and election process can be directed to email@example.com