Penn’s Alice Paul Center and Women’s Studies Program
Dissertation Fellowships: 2005-06
Call For Proposals
The Alice Paul Center and Women’s Studies Program will offer two dissertation fellowships for Penn SAS graduate students at the dissertation stage for the 2005-06 academic year. Applicants must be working on a dissertation related to women or gender. If you have already received a GSAS dissertation fellowship, you are not eligible for the WSTD/APC fellowship. Prior unsuccessful applicants for the APC/WSTD fellowship may apply again. The fellowships will offer tuition plus a stipend and benefits comparable to that offered with the GSAS dissertation fellowships for 2005-06.
Please submit four (4) copies of the application package to the Alice Paul Center,
411 Logan Hall/6304, by Friday, January 21, 2005. E-mail submissions will not be accepted.
Applications must include:
• Brief letter of introduction
• Dissertation proposal, no more than 5 pages, double spaced.
• Brief research/writing plan for 2005-06
• Curriculum vitae
• Penn course transcript (unofficial copy is fine)
• Three (3) letters of recommendation, including one from dissertation advisor and one from department or graduate chair. Letters must be signed, hard copies sent to APC by the recommender or letters in sealed and signed envelopes submitted along with the application package.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or call Women’s Studies at (215) 898-8740.
Almanac, Vol. 51, No. 14, December 7, 2004