- Academic Jobs, Academic Life:
- Faculty Conversations With Doctoral Students &
A series of Conversations on the Academic Job Search and Academic
Life begins today under the auspices of Career Services and the Vice
Provost for Graduate Education. All sessions will meet from noon until 1
p.m., in the McNeil Building, at the rooms shown below. Participants may
bring lunch. To sign up, send e-mail to email@example.com
or call 898-7530.
- January 26 Negotiating an Academic Job
Offer--Humanities/Social Sciences, Dr. Vicki Mahaffey, professor of
English; Room 103.
- January 29 Behind the Scenes with a
Search Committee, Dr. Walter Licht, SEAS associate dean for graduate
studies/professor of history; Room 285-86.
- February 2 Negotiating an Academic Job
Offer--Science/Engineering, Dr. Dwight Jaggard, SEAS associate dean
for education and research/professor of electrical engineering, Room 103.
- February 12 Maintaining Relationships
with Advisors and Other Faculty Members, Dr. Eduardo Glandt, SEAS interim
dean/professor of chemical engineering, Room 285-86.
- February 16 Having a Life: Balancing
Professional and Personal Responsibilities; Dr. Peter Conn, professor
of English, Room 103.
- February 19 Dual Career Couples and
Academic Jobs, Dr. Kathy Edin, assistant professor of sociology; Dr.
John Crawford, assistant professor of psychology, Room 285-86.
- March 19 The First Year in a New Faculty
Position: Getting Started Right, Dr. Caroline Weber, assistant professor
of Romance languages, Room 285-86.
Almanac, Vol. 45, No. 18, January 26, 1999
PAGE | CONTENTS
ISSUES | FEBRUARY at PENN | BENCHMARKS