Council Agenda for April 30
To University Council Members:
The next and final Council meeting of the year has two very important questions up for discussion and one up for a vote. It is vital that you attend.
I look forward to seeing you there.
--Peter Kuriloff, Council Steering Chair
Agenda for University Council Meeting
Wednesday, April 30, 1997 from 4 to 6 p.m.
McClelland Hall, The Quadrangle
(Observers must register their interest in advance by calling 898-7005)
- I. Approval of the minutes of March 5, 1997 meeting
- II. Reports of the President, the Provost, and the Chairs of the Steering Committee, Graduate and
Professional Assembly, Undergraduate Assembly, Penn Professional Staff Assembly, and A-3
Assembly. (Reports and clarifications: 30 minutes.)
- III. Vote on proposed bylaws change to add (in chronological order) to Section II. Membership,
1. Composition, new paragraph (i): "One elected representative of the United Minorities Council."
- IV. Discussion on employment issues facing doctoral students and "Ten Years After" data.
(Presentation 25 minutes; discussion
- V. Progress report from Committee on Student Affairs.
(Presentation 5 minutes; discussion 5 minutes.)
- VI. Preliminary discussion of next year's focus issues.
- VII. Adjournment by 6 p.m.
Volume 43 Number 32
April 29, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.