The Great Penny Drive for Kids Who are Seriously Ill
Donations to the Great Penny Drive--coordinated by the PennVIPS--support families caring for a seriously ill child, whether it be a terminal, critical,
or chronic illness. The Great Penny Drive for the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund runs now through March 31.
The Fund was established in 1976 by Kelly Anne Dolan's parents after experiencing their daughter's five-year battle with a rare form of leukemia.
It is dedicated to the uninsured needs of families caring for seriously ill dependent children through advocacy, financial assistance, education and
resources.Volunteers across campus will be collecting loose change in jars. Everyone is asked to donate those unwanted pennies--stashed in strange
places, dumped in former ash trays, weighing down pockets--that could add up to a small fortune. Bring them to one of the 20 drop-off locations at
right. For more information callPenn VIPS at 898-2020.
-- Bonnie Ragsdale, Associate Director
Staff, Faculty, & Alumni Volunteer Service
Center for Community Partnerships
Drop-Off Locations for Pennies
- African American Resource Center, 3537 Locust Walk
- Book Store
- CHATS, 1920 Dining Commons
- 3401 Walnut, Suite 220A
- Computer Connection
- Dental School, 4001 Spruce
- Dining Services, 220 S. 40th
- Faculty Club
- Franklin Building, Rooms 003, 427, 737
- Hill House Dining Hall
- Human Resources, 3401 Walnut, Suite 521A
- ISC Academic Computing, High Rise East, Room 211
- Mayer Hall Lobby
- Mellon Bldg. Suite 519
- PENNCard Center, 220 S. 40th
- Stouffer Dining Hall
- Student Community Involvment, 200 Houston Hall
- Upward Bound, 3933 Walnut
- Van Pelt Library, Shared Catalog Dept.
- Veterinary School, Rosenthal, Room 111
Volume 43 Number 26
March 18, 1997
Return to Almanac's homepage.
Return to index for this issue.